Tropical Storm Hanna Updates - updated at 4pm Friday, July 24
The National Weather Service (NWS) expects Tropical Storm Hannah to make landfall at approximately 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 25. The storm will bring heavy rainfall that may lead to severe flooding: 5-10 inches, or more, of rain are anticipated. The NWS expects the sustained wind speed to be around 75mph with gusts of up to approximately 90mph.
Tropical Storm Hanna is expected to enhance to a Category 1 hurricane upon landfall tomorrow morning (7/25) with sustained winds of 80mph.
More information to come as this storm develops.
Preparing your home & family:
- Move all loose items that may be moved by the rain or winds and store them in an enclosed area
Loose items include- flower pots, outdoor furniture, construction materials, gardening materials, pet houses, etc.
- Bring your outdoor pets indoors or into an enclosed area & ensure your pet has identification tags on at all times
- Have a flash light and batteries in an easy to find spot in case the power goes out
- Charge your cell phones and external battery packs overnight in preparation for the storm
- Have an emergency contact list in an easy to find spot. Include emergency contact information and other family members’ information
San Patricio County Judge David Krebs issued a Voluntary Evacuation Order
Summary of the order:
- Voluntary evacuation is recommended for residents living in low lying areas that are prone to flooding, as well as for residents who are in motor
homes, travel trailers, or other dwellings that might not withstand the projected Tropical Storm’s winds
- Prepare your homes and families for the expected storm. Have an evacuation plan ready, just in case
- The San Patricio County Emergency Management team will update their website with information on the storm. Website: sanpatem.com
- You can reach the San Patricio County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) beginning at 6 a.m. tomorrow by calling 361-364-9645 or by
You can read the full Voluntary Evacuation Order here: San Patricio County Voluntary Evacuation Order