Current County & State Executive orders
State of Texas Executive Order GA-29
Texas Governor Greg Abbott's Executive Order GA-29 remains in effect. This executive order mandates the use of face coverings in Texas. Pages 2-3 in Executive Order GA-29 states:
"Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this face-covering requirement does not apply to the following:
- any person younger than 10 years of age;
- any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
- any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink;
- any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
- any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
- any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal care service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
- any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
- any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poll watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged;
- any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged;
- any person while the person is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience; or
- any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria promulgated by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation form—provided, however, that wearing a face covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards."
State of Texas Executive Order GA-30
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced a new executive order that expands the capacity and availability of businesses and services in Texas. Executive Order GA-30 took effect on September 21, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. This order shall remain in effect unless it is modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the Governor.
Download the full order here: Executive Order GA-30
San Patricio County Executive Order DK-07
County Judge David Krebs announced a new executive order that reinstates the face covering mandates and health safety policies. Executive Order DK-07 took effect October 6, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. This order shall remain in effect unless it is modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the County Judge.
Download the full order here: Executive Order DK-07