- Human Resources
The City of Portland is recognized for its exceptional family life, safety, civility, extremely clean appearance, well maintained infrastructure, expanded municipal service menu and moderate cost of living through the promotion of economic development that is beneficial to the long-term well‐being of the community. Our Human Resources Department helps define competitive benefits and compensation.
For all full-time, permanent employees we offer the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance paid 100% for the employee;
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for spouse and covered children at competitive rates;
- Supplemental insurance coverage for employee, spouse and children at competitive rates;
- A complimentary family membership to the Community Center for all full-time employees, which includes full use of the Aquatics Center;
- A complimentary membership to the Community Center for all part-time employees, which includes full use of the Aquatics Center;
- TML Well Program with a $150 incentive available to employees and covered spouses that complete biometric screening annually; and
- Fifty (50%) discount on fees associated with enrollment in Kids Klub, our after-school, holiday, and summer children's program.
Our public safety departments of Police and Fire enjoy the aforementioned benefits, and they also are provided uniforms, equipment, and exceptional training at no cost to the employee.
As the population in the City of Portland continues to grow, we anticipate our workforce will also grow. Be sure to visit our postings often as jobs are posted on a continual as needed basis. We look forward to your application and wish you the best of luck in your job search. Again, thank you for visiting our page.
The City of Portland is an equal employment opportunity employer.