2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season
The 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season is underway. Hurricane season begins June 1 and ends November 30 each year. Hurricanes, tropical storms and depressions typically occur within this six-month time frame. Now is the time to prepare for potential storms. Preparing yourself, family, pets, and home for hurricane season can be a daunting task. To help guide you through the process, the City curated the following list of resources. Remember, planning involves the whole family!
- Official South Texas Hurricane Guide 2021 by the local National Weather Service
- This guide includes helpful hurricane preparedness tips for your home and family, storm fore-casting, evacuation guidance, how to register for the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR), emergency contact in-formation, information resources and more
- www.Ready.gov is a complete emergency preparedness resource that breaks down topics to consider when making a plan for emergencies, what items to gather and prepare, and more.
- Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH.org/protect) provides suggestions on how to properly protect your home from severe weather events
- FLASH helps you determine if your home is at-risk and provides ideas on how to re-enforce and protect your home and belongings