SPRING CLEANING: sPECIAL BULK DROP-OFF EVENT
The City of Portland and Republic Services will host a bulk drop-off event for Portland residents on Saturday, March 20, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or until the Republic Services roll-offs are all full. The drop-off location will be on the corner of Moore Avenue and Akins Drive by the water tower—across from the Oak Manor Villas. You will need to verify your Portland address with a drivers license, utility bill, or other proof of residency.
Please note: Contractors will not be permitted to drop bulk items off at this event. Contractors must rent a roll-off container from Republic Services directly by calling 800-640-2014.
what are bulk items?
The definition of Residential Bulk Waste is:
"Bulky Waste – Stoves, refrigerators (with all CFC removed), water tanks, washing machines, furniture and other similar items, and, materials other than Construction Debris, Large Dead Animals, Hazardous Waste or Stable Matter with weights or volumes greater than those allowed for Bins or Containers, as the case may be."
In addition to the primary definition, the following items are listed under acceptable and unacceptable for residential discard during the monthly pick-ups and this special event:
- Furniture: Sofas, chairs, beds, mattresses, fixtures, dressers, and carpet
- Appliances: Stoves, dishwashers, microwaves, washer, dryers, refrigerators (Freon must be removed by a licensed technician and tagged)
- Miscellaneous Items: Boxes, garage items, gym equipment, tools, shelving, commodes, etc.
- Construction Debris: PVC, rebar, flooring, sheet rock, wood (2X4/4X4, etc.), roofing debris, plywood, and concrete/masonry
- **Residents should contact Republic Services directly to order a roll-off container for remodeling (800-640-2014)
- Miscellaneous Items:
- Televisions over 32 inches are not permitted
- Household garbage in trash bags
- Hazardous chemicals (insecticides, pesticides, pool chemicals, etc.)
- Motor, cooking, and other oil substances
For items that are not accepted in the monthly bulk pick-ups and this event, please call Republic Services to discuss disposal options. Their phone number is 800-640-2014